Some “upcoming events” that may prove of interest for those here in resort on holiday with us, or soon to arrive during April and May.
EVENTS THAT INCLUDE “SPLASHING EVENTS OF SEAPLANES !!! not to be missed.
- The Pollensa Wine Fair. It is normally on the 3rd weekend in April that Pollensa hosts its annual wine fair. It is always a very appreciated and popular event, allowing an excellent selection of wines to taste and enjoy from both wines here in Mallorca and includes other Balearic Islands contributions of wines also. There is an entry fee.
- General Spring Fairs. These include rural and agricultural fairs, arts and crafts markets along with livestock fairs. These fairs are generally island wide on various dates.
- April 2nd feast of St. Francis is held throughout the Islands generally.
- Palma Mallorca. Princess Sofia Trophy for all you of you who enjoy sea events in April. The yachting regatta is one of the most important events within the sailing world in the Balearic Islands.
- Puerto Pollensa. The military base in Puerto Pollensa will have a “splashing” event between 9th and 12th May “Seaplane Splash-In”. This comprises different crafts from various countries appearing at the Event. The base will also be open for the general public to view the “planes” on Sunday 11th May.
- Soller. Normally the 2nd Sunday in May mock battles take place to mark raid by Turkish Pirates.
For all our guests who shall be staying with us on or around the 3rd weekend of April its well worth a visit to the” local Pollensa Wine Fair”, even if you don’t indulge in a sip of vino, its still worth a visit – atmosphere is vibrant, also, as its such an appreciated fair, by both locals and visitors, try and pop it into your agenda of “Things not to miss and do”….
As always, we recommend you check with your local Tourist Office for up- to- date news on days and dates of events taking place.
Do not forget to watch this space for further ” events ” coming up in June and July………………….!!!
Wishing you all a nice day.
THE BEST VILLAS POLLENSA