BEACHES TO EXPLORE!
As summer is here which means – beach life is upon us!!
We are happy to report that our local beaches Llenaire-Tamarells Puerto Pollensa and Alcudia Beach have been awared BLUE FLAGS for summer 2013.
Not only can you enjoy this excellent beaches during your stay, don’t forget, our beautiful Island also offers some amazing and stunning beaches why not take a day away from your home base and visit some other beaches, here are some suggestions for you – to name a few:-
- EAST COAST NORTH Cala Mesquida. Crystal waters, excellent swimming and a haven for Wind and kite surfer
- EAST COAST SOUTH Cala Mondrago. Wonderful. Natural park surrounds, excellent sandy beaches, with a pleasant walk around the cliff face to the second beach not to be missed!
- Cala d.or. Delightful small coves, sandy beaches natural shade. Cala d.or also is a nice resort to visit with its delightful yacht harbour.
- NORTH Formentor. Nearer to home you can drive up and over the mountain about 20 mins or take the local boat shuttle service. This is where the famous Hotel Formentor is located. Cristal waters, shallow ideal for families, shaded by pine trees. There are beach bar, snack and restaurant facilities, beware! they may prove to be a little expensive, take a picnic if you can.
- Mal Pas around the bay of Pollensa, two lovely sand beaches one with beach bar facilities. Second Beach is normally calm waters in the morning, and waves can kick in afternoons – great for those body surfing fanatics!
- Cala St. Vincent. Four small coves. Turquoise cristal waters. Sandy beaches. There is a small reef, ideal for snorkling. Beach bars and Hotel facilities nearby. Sometimes can be strong current on one or two of the coves, adhere and do not swim if flag is flying. Generally, crystal waters for swimming.
- Muro Beach Alcudia. This is for you if you want to think your in the Caribe. Magnificent stretch of white soft sand beach shallow waters turquoise and crystal clear, one of the best, if not “THE BEST” beach in Mallorca in our local area in the North. A must to visit during your stay!
- SOUTH Es Trenc. Long sweeping Bay, blue cryustal waters, and in some areas – “as god made you no one giving a fig!!”
We hope you enjoy some our magnificent beaches both here in the North and further afield!
Wishing you all a nice day.
THE BEST VILLAS POLLENSA.