The gastronomy is something that best defines a culture and its traditions and here in Pollensa, or in Mallorca in general, we are considered an island with strong traditions.
Regarding our gastronomy, we have plenty of typical food recipes but, in order to show you a little bit of our traditions and taking into account that this past month of October, the 20th, we celebrated the Virgin day (Dia de les Verges in Catalan), it is a good opportunity to talk about the bunyols.
The bunyols are a kind of fried potato pastry, in a small doughnut-like shape, which are usually eaten with hot chocolate or just with sugar, honey or jam.
If you are a good cook and you like pastry-making, why don’t you try to cook them?
We would be pleased to receive your photos and check your cookery J
- 280g boiled potato
- 140g flour
- 16g baking powder
- Olive oil to fry
- 2 tbsp warm water
- Smash the potatoes into a bowl.
- Add the water, the baking powder and the flour and left it covered in the bowl until it has doubled in volume.
- Heat the oil in the saucepan.
- Prepare another bowl with cold water just to wet your hands after each bunyol.
- Fry the dough in small doughnut-size balls.
If you are interested in learning about our culture, traditions and gastronomy do not miss the opportunity to visit our Villas in Pollensa and have the opportunity to enjoy our town starting by tasting the gastronomy 😉